Rooting gives us super user access to the device. There are bunch of programs through which you can root your smartphone.
NOTE: Before rooting your smartphone you will need to unlock boot-loader of device.
This is an unlocking utility by developer Chainfire, this method is most stable one but not the easiest one. It provides step-by step instructions and supports over 300 devices therefore makes rooting process seamless.
First you will need to download ZIP file which is specifically for your device.
After downloading the file
- Extract the folder.
- Navigate to it, and find the root-windows.bat file. Double-click it.
- Wait for the script to execute, and press any key.
- After completion of process your phone will root automatically and your phone will be rooted.
This app is developed by Beijing-based Baidu Inc and it supports more than 6,000 Android devices. The major downfall is that it only supports devices running Android 2.2 up to Android 4.4, it’s going to have limited use most. Thus this is great tool if you have old device lying around, this is a great tool for rooting and re-purposing that.
This is one of the most straightforward rooting applications.
After downloading the zip file in your computer, you will need to unzip it. Then transfer the file to your phone via USB and after that unplug your phone.
Now install BaiduRoot application manually from the folder where you placed the file.
- After installing app open it and accept the license agreement.
- Tap the Root button in the center of the screen.
- After a few seconds, success message will be displayed stating that the device was successfully rooted.
One Click Root:
As the name suggest this app removes the complication of rooting as it is one click affair. Also it promise that the program won’t be able to brick your phone, except in the case of user negligence. We cannot promise this claim so it is necessary to use precautions before rooting.
The One Click Root procedure is simple.
- First use Root Availability tool to check whether your device is supported.
- Download the Windows/Mac One Click Root program.
- Connect your device via USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Run One Click Root and the software will take charge and handle rooting process.
Kingo Android Root:
Kingo Root can be installed to a Windows-based computer or directly to the device you want to root. First, check Kingo official website to check compatibility of device. Then,install Kingo Android Root exe file on your computer. Alternatively, download the Kingo Android Root APK to your device, check the Unknown sources box (see above), and install it.
If you’ve opted to use the Windows client, make sure to enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
From there, usage is pretty simple:
- Install the Kingo Root APK.
- Open the Kingo Root app.
- If your device is compatible, you will see a One Click Root button. Tap it and wait for some time.
- If the root is successful, you will see a large check mark.
Just like Kingo Root, KingRoot has a Windows client and an Android app. It has over 100,000 supported devices, therefore chances of compatibly of app with with your phone or tablet is high.
Download APK file and follow these instructions:
- Open the KingRoot app.
- You will see a Try to Root button if your device is compatible. Tap on it.
- Be patient — it can take a while.
- If the root is successful, you’ll see a large check mark.