- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice/ sirca
- 1/2 tsp corn flour
- 1lt full fat milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp crushed Almonds
- 1 tbsp crushed pista
- 1/2 tsp Elaci powder
- a pinch of saffron
- 3 cups full fat milk
- 1 small can of condensed milk (or prepare it at home)
Method to prepare:
1. Take 1lt milk and set it to boil in a pan.
2. Make chesse from milk by adding lemon juise to it after milk is boiled.
3. Once the cheese is ready separate it from the water using cheese cloth.
4. Then rinse the cheesse with cold water to remove lemon flavour from it.
5. Now squece the chesse after folding the cheese cloth and let it hang for 30 minutes to remove all the moisture it contains.
6. After 30 minute take the cheese and add corn flour to it and mix it well with hands for around 8-10 minutes.
7. Once it looks like dough, make balls of same size from it.
8. Take a pot and add 4 cups of water, sugar and boil it on high heat.
9. Add cheese balls to it after boiling and keep the heat high.
10. Cook it for around 15-18 minutes.
11. Then let the balls cool down in the same sugar syrup in a deep pan.
12. Once cool squeese the extra sugar syrup from it and put these in a separate platter.
1. Take a non-stick pan and add 3 cups milk to it for boiling.
2. On boiling add Elaci powder to it and then add condensed milk.
3. Add saffron, almonds, pista and cook it over low heat so that only 2 cups of milk is left in pan.
4. Malai is ready and set the mixture aside.
Add the Malai over balls and let it freeze in refrigerator overnight or for 6-7 hours. Sweet dish is ready to serve.
Post a Comment