Doughnuts is a Dessert liked by many now a days. Doughnuts are popular in many countries that can be prepared in many forms as sweet snack, which can be made at home or bought from the store. This is the recipe for making healthy doughnuts. So get ready for having a delicious and healthy doughnuts.
- 1.33 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 2 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey ( to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 packet Sprinkles for toppings (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Muscovado Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Preheat the over at 180 degrees and lightly grease your doughnut
pan with oil.
- Take a bowl combine all the dry ingredients flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and all
spice. Set aside.
- Take another bowl and whisk your egg whites and add the coconut
oil (melted), honey, vanilla extract and milk. Stir these together
until combined, but do not over-stir.
- Pour in the wet mixture with your dry ingredients and mix it
well. Now it's time to fill your doughnut pan. The easiest way is using an icing bag, or a sandwich bag with the corner
cut off. This gives you more control over how much mix you're
putting into the doughnuts. It's important that they're even and you
do not overfill the pan.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 15 - 18 minutes, or until the
doughnuts look golden. Take out of the oven, and allow to cool in
the pan for five minutes. Tip out and prepare icing.
- Melt the coconut oil at medium heat.
- Then add muscovado sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved in the oil.
- Add in the cocoa powder and get the pan off the heat.
- Now add milk and stir continuously until the mixture is smooth. (You can add more milk if you think the mixture is too thick,
or more cocoa powder if it looks too watery.)
- Ice the doughnuts by dipping them into the chocolate icing
and laying them on a plate to set.
- Toss some sprinkles on top if you want, before the chocolate icing has fully cooled.
So you are ready with another delicious dessert for surprising your kids and family by making healthy doughnuts for them.